CI Activation

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday




This week I'm thankful for:

Catching up with my sister on the phone. She is such an awesome woman that talking to her always makes my heart 10 times bigger than it was before we chatted. Also, getting a quick call just to confirm that Thomas didn't have the recently recalled N5...she is always thinking of others.

Working on a family advisory council for Cook Children's Rehab. I love that my child goes to a facility of wonderful clinicians and staff that want to make sure that they are continuously making improvements to help all families. Can't wait to continue our work on the "progression of care" binders for all the various types of therapies and services that they provide!

Hearing my kiddos laugh and talk together...I love how Sidney continues to expand Thomas' vocabulary...they also make my heart grow 10 times bigger almost every day of the week.

Receiving all the emails, phone calls and facebook comments about how to help Thomas with his ongoing feeding challenges. I'm calling tomorrow to schedule a formal evaluation.

Seeing Thomas' huge smile when he gets off the bus from his auditory/oral preschool...he truly loves it.

Getting a facebook post saying that a friend of mine enjoyed listening to Thomas sing the songs in Sunday school class...my friend didn't know it but, she made my week. She even gave me a CD of all the songs that they are learning so I can sing them with Thomas at home -- thanks bunches, Andra!

Knowing that the weekend is just around the corner and I can sleep in past 6:15...hopefully seeing the sun shining before I have to get out of bed.

Having some fun friends over this coming Saturday afternoon to cook out and to watch some college football.

I'm very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment