CI Activation

Friday, October 21, 2011

The Vomiting Negotiator

So this evening, Thomas vomited his dinner on the.last.bite. Sigh...

Thomas wanted desperately to play Kinect with his daddy. I knew that he was tired and that his vomiting was a sign that he was overly tired -- a lesson taught to me by the wonderful Ms. Tammy. Two of her kiddos also vomited when they were overly tired.

After the clean up was done, Thomas and I sat on the floor on the kitchen to talk. The master negotiator in Thomas took over his body, mind and language. Here is a snapshot of what happened:

Mommy: Thomas you have to eat dinner.

Thomas: No, mommy! I want to play Kinect.

Mommy: Well, you have to eat dinner if you want to play Kinect with daddy.

Thomas: First, take a bath then play Kinect with daddy.

Mommy: Nope, you need to eat dinner. How about 3 pieces of chicken and potato?

Thomas: No, two pieces of chicken and chippies (what he calls chips).

Mommy: No deal. Twenty-four bites of chicken and 10 bites of potato. Deal or no deal.

Thomas: No deal, mommy. I want chippies and french fries. Then play kinect with daddy.

Mommy: No way. This is my final deal. You get in the bath, then play 10 minutes of Kinect then you eat all your dinner including applesauce. Deal or no deal.

Thomas: No deal.

Daddy: Thomas, this is your mom's best offer. I recommend that you take the deal.

Thomas: Hugs mommy. Hugs daddy. Deal. Bath then ten minutes of Kinect then eat supper.

Result -- quick bath, playing Kinect and about to see if we can keep second dinner down in his stomach...ugh! Sometimes this kid wears me completely out but, he also is learning great language skills, becoming the master negotiator -- and notice the number of verbal exchanges -- a goal for expanded conversational language.

Vomit and all...good language opportunity...time for a glass of wine for mommy...and second dinner for our little man.

3 comments:

  1. Awe. You are so blessed to have such a great little man!! I love reading his blogs. :) Keep up the great work mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, too funny with all the negotiating!

    And my sympathy, I had one that would occasionally vomit if he was over-tired and over-stimulated. They grow out of it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, and the night ends well for all with the little master mind of negotiation! and what a wonderful way to expand language! He is hilarious. I can just hear him throughout. and I give you so much credit, because I would've given up at the 2 pieces of chicken and chippiesI can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete