CI Activation

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Free therapy Idea




So if you're like me, you could go broke buying "therapy toys" for your hearing impaired or deaf kiddos. I'm always looking for ways to stretch my dollar to accomplish our AVT goals. While I always adapt books, games, etc. I was looking for a cheap way to focus on objects by description, using a blind set. I found that using the Christmas toy catalogs that come in the mail was a FREE way to do this.

We play the game by my holding the catalog and giving two clues like, this vehicle has flashing lights. Then Thomas proceeds to guess...police car, police boat, fire truck, ambulance, tow truck, etc. Then I turn it around and have him give me a clue...Thomas playing the teacher.

We have adapted our game to 4 step direction...Thomas first find a firetruck, second a Star Wars toy, third a girl toy and finally/last a computer game.

This fun has also given me a complete list of Christmas gifts that he wants...with a shooter (a.k.a. a nerf gun) at the top of his list.

Fun and free playtime...I mean therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment