CI Activation

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Awesome Teacher!

I was in the throws of my long to-do list in an effort to get the house ready to go on the market when I got a call from Thomas' new mainstream preschool teacher. My heart sank a little because I thought that something was wrong, maybe that Thomas hasn't been performing well during class. I took a deep breath and we began our quick conversation.

I guess because she knew that I would probably expect to hear something negative, the first words out of her mouth were "Thomas is such a joy. I really love having him in my class. He's just wonderful. I'm not calling you to say that anything is wrong." My heart came back up to regular level. She went on to say that she was just thinking about the end of the year school performance when Thomas' class will sing four songs in English and one song in Spanish. She wanted to simply call me to discuss how to make sure that Thomas has a great performance and feels comfortable with the music.

Really? A teacher was calling me way-way in advance of a performance to make sure that she and the music teacher do everything they can so that Thomas is successful? Really? Why was I for a second considering keeping him in his former mainstream preschool? Is this teacher for real?

Yep, she is an awesome teacher. She is going to give me a CD with the music and copies of all the lyrics in the next couple of weeks so Thomas and I can begin to sing them here at the house. I reassured her that Thomas isn't shy when it comes to performances. In fact, he is quite the ham. She laughed and said that she had no doubt that he loved to perform. She was just thinking about him at school and wanted to call me to discuss the performance.

What an awesome, awesome teacher!

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing Kat! Amazing! I fight at times to get a simple name of songs being sung or books being read! I want to see video when it's all said and done too!

    ReplyDelete