CI Activation

Friday, August 19, 2011

Leap of Faith


To put my hands in God's is tough for me...to put my child's fate in His...is beyond tough...it is almost impossible. I'm a control freak, to say the least.

However, I prayed a simple prayer today before our revised IEP meeting...Dear Lord, please let me feel Your presence today during the meeting and guide my path to be Yours...and please keep me from crying.

I didn't cry as I read our hopes for Thomas, although I did have to hold them back. We came to agreement on the goals for Thomas quickly because we ACTUALLY have a great advocate at the school district that listened to our concerns. We now have speech and language goals and will have academic goals in the coming weeks once they have experience with our little man.

I felt Him during the meeting, didn't have to get my boxing gloves on my hands, and felt actually excited at the end of the meeting. He was present with us...now the difficult action of continuing to give up control...more prayers are needed. We will pray that by the end of December that we see a continued improvement in our little man...if not...then we will have prayers for where we should be...Plano, Portland, St. Louis, San Antonio, etc...for now though, we pray to see Him in our lives every, single, day...

Thank you, Lord!

P.S. While I'm thanking God during this post, I must also thank my husband for being with me during the meeting, helping with the IEP background booklet, for sending me an awesome and needed text this morning before the meeting...for being my one here on earth...for being...my Sean.

No comments:

Post a Comment