CI Activation

Monday, January 9, 2012

Utterances

Birdville ISD is updating Thomas' CASLLS assessment for the mid-year. I was asked to give a list of Thomas' most recent utterances, not full conversations.

Some things I noticed while typing up the list. Thomas continues to leave out helping words in his sentences. He will ask questions with inflection rather than a question word at the beginning of the sentence. He has started to again leave off the "s" at the end of some of his words (making note for mapping discussion with his audi) and he is using "tired" words...sounds like Mom needs to be a walking thesaurus yet again.

Here is the list that I provided to his AWESOME teacher:

1. We need to go to the car wash, Kiki. Your car is very, very dirty. You need to make it clean.

2. Look Mom. These crackers are square. You can help me eat them.

3. Not sing it, Daddy. You read it.

4. I got to eat three crunchies and one sandwich. Okay?

5. Mom, I want to ride that scooter not this one.

6. Cydney, let play baseball.

7. I'm first. You can be second.

8. Hey, Mom. Watch me do a scooter race. Ready, set, go!

9. See? I go fast then I put my leg down like this. It my brakes.

10. I can promise you.

11. You can help me with this one, please.

12. Please bring the computer laptop right here by me.

13. I'm collecting carrots to feed the bunnies.

14. My room is green and Sidney's room is blue.

15. No thank you. I just making my own train track.

16. No. First I need to clean both cars real quick. Then we can go to the restaurant.

17. Hey, Mom. You twist this water open for me, please.

18. Okay, I' gonna beat you again this time.

19. I need a bat and a shoe and a clock and a dog.

20. Sidney, you need to play Kinect right now. I already told you to do it.

3 comments:

  1. That is a lot of GREAT communication!

    Woo-hoo!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's AMAZING Kat! seriously, amazing. I CAN believe how much he's talking because he has one great momma bear teacher. "Twist"! Really?! Sounds like he's going to be a walking thesaurus soon enough! xoxo Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Would you consider adding your blog to the Deaf Village aggegrator ?

    http://deafvillage.com/news

    Vivie - Deaf Village Moderator

    ReplyDelete